Gin Hill

Gin Hill
Gin Hill

Nos 98-103 Winchester Road were originally known as Gin Hill.


These three pairs of semi-detached thatched cottages at the south end of Winchester Road were built by the Baring Estate in about 1840. Designed, along with the five pairs of cottages in East Stratton, by architect George Dance the Younger, designer of the main house at Stratton Park, now demolished with only the main portico remaining. 


Much of George Dance's work has disappeared over the years so these cottages are important architecturally, resulting in Grade 2 listed status.

Gin Hill
Gin Hill

press to zoom
Gin Hill
Gin Hill

1966

press to zoom
Gin Hill
Gin Hill

2021

press to zoom
Gin Hill
Gin Hill

press to zoom
1/7