Prior to 1840, the only settlement in the immediate area of what is now Micheldever Station was Warren Farm and its farm cottages. The development of the village of Micheldever Station was driven by the arrival of the railway in that year. The station building was designed for the London & South Western Railway by William Tite (later Sir William Tite). It was, and still is, an elegant building with fine squared and knapped flint flushwork and an iron canopy. Tite went on to become a renowned architect of his time, his best known work being the rebuilding of the Royal Exchange in the City of London in 1844.
Walk the area