Micheldever Station Schoolhouse

Micheldever Station Schoolhouse
The School 1873

Designed by Winchester architect John Colson (1820-95), Micheldever Station School was built in 1861. 


Seen here on a William Savage postcard of 1873, it closed in 1947. 


Colson designed some 20 Hampshire churches, including St James, Woodmancote. For nearly 40 years he was architectural surveyor to the Dean and Chapter of Winchester Cathedral. (Photo: Jane Gray Collection)


First Class photo is beleived to be on the class 1935 for a list of names know CLICK HERE


Although Micheldever Station School could accommodate 40 children, the second Class photo is dated  1939 and  shows a class of only 15. (See photos below)


In the back row, left of teacher Barbara Smart, are Rex Webb; George Parfitt (?); and Ivor Clarke: to the right are John Brewer; George Parfitt (?); and Ron Hall. Middle row, l to r, are Margaret Hobbs; Pearl Kingston (?); (?) Kingston; Joyce Clark; Pam Clark; Mary Bond; and Joyce Smith. Front row, Noel Smith; Ken Clark; and (?) Jenkins.


If you recognise any of these pupils please let us know of any corrections or additions needing to be made.

email micheldevervillages123@gmail.com

Micheldever Station School
Micheldever Station School

The Schoolhouse is now a dwelling

press to zoom
Micheldever Station School
Micheldever Station School

Photo taken from a post card dated 1873

press to zoom
Micheldever Station School
Micheldever Station School

Class of 1935

press to zoom
Micheldever Station School
Micheldever Station School

The Schoolhouse is now a dwelling

press to zoom
1/4