The following information was taken from the album recording the Micheldever Country Festival in 1984 held to raise funds for restoring St Mary's church tower.
Built in the late 18th Century, this cottage belonged to the Right Honourable Francis George, Earl of Northbrook, who sold it in 1920 to William Soper, one time blacksmith in the village. It remained the residence of his widow until 1968. It was renovated and restored between 1968 & 1971.
Click here to learn more about the blacksmiths in the village.
An apple tree was reputed to have been grown from a pip of a variety called 'American Mother'. Its apples are delicious for both eating and cooking.
A well situated between the two cottages used to supply the water.